Saturday, December 1, 2012

Quick and Easy Holiday Mantle



BEFORE:
I had purchased this print at Target about two years ago, on clearance and at an extra 10% percent off as it was slightly, but unnoticeably damaged. Score!

I'm a sucker for things architectural. These corbels were reclaimed from buildings that were being torn down. I <3 them!!










AFTER:
I wanted a more neutral palette for my living room and I'm heading that way in the whole house really. So, I covered the print in a very simple ivory cotton muslin to break up the the all over brown background.











I added an evergreen wreath tied with an ivory satin bow and attached at the top of the frame with a small nail. I love the simple, natural look it gives the room.






4 comments:

  1. Thx girl! I think I'm going to use that idea more often. Fun and inexpensive way to add color and texture :-))) thx for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There Melissa! Thanks for the lovely comment and visit to my blog. I'm totally dying over those corbels!! Have you seen mine in my kitchen where I hung them and put glass hurricanes over candles on them?? My favorite thing to do!! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No I haven't seen that but I will now!! Your blog is gorgeous. I cannot wait to enjoy it and the things I can learn from you. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

      Delete

Please post your comments and suggestions :-)
Email me with questions@ melissa@thetinsel.com