Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Puppy Dog Tales

Oh Lucy, my sweet, sweet Lucy... Where shall I begin?

Let's see, she is, at eleven or so weeks, growing beautifully, healthy and very happy. She adores her fellow four~leggers and all of our boys. She's a snuggly little bundle of love. Really, she is. And I am glad she is ours. Really.

At the same turn, I may have been temporarily insane when I brought a puppy home to four boys, two dogs, one cat and a couple of fish. I mean, I have a teenager and a two year old~what was I thinking? 

This morning I arose to find my favorite Nate Berkus pillow destroyed...




She is slowly nibbling away at my hall carpet...




And yesterday she pulled a pair of my panties out of the laundry and dropped them at my mother in law's feet. I was mortified.


And just when I've had enough, she looks at me with that face. Ya know "that" face. Head cocked to the side, eyes all glassy and as innocent as a newborn's. I melt. I squeeze her and smooch her and tell her "I didn't really like that pillow anyway."



8 comments:

  1. This made me giggle. Sorry she's a nibbler! Her car is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She's a cutie so I let her slide lol. She "borrowed" the car from my son Noah~it was supposed to be for his "build a bear" but she loves it~lol <3 melissa

      Delete
  2. I love your blog Melissa! Lucy is a doll! I remember those days all too well. I feel for you and I know how much you love your new fur baby. It's hard to get upset when they look at you that way. You have a beautiful family and are such a sweet lady with a kind spirit. God bless you all, Jennifer ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you jennifer!! It was so sweet of you to stop by! Thank you for your kind words <3

      Delete
  3. Oh she is so cute!!!! Is she a mini-pin or chichuahua? I love little dogs like Lucyh. I hope to get one sometime in the future. Lost my last dog in June and really miss having a furbaby! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! she is a chihuahua :) It's so hard getting over the loss of a pet but when you're ready your new furbaby will find you! thx for visiting!!

      Delete

Please post your comments and suggestions :-)
Email me with questions@ melissa@thetinsel.com